Reports to: Branch Manager
Primary Responsibility: Organize, plan, direct and control the service department in such a way to meet the company and customer objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Hiring and Training:
- Hire the necessary personnel to accomplish service department’s budgeted sales.
- Assure that technicians are properly trained technically and according to procedure.
- Perform a formal review and evaluation of all departmental personnel semiannually.
- Assure that company policy and OSHA rules are implemented in the service department.
- Assure necessary safety training is provided to employees under direction.
- Assure that necessary safety equipment is available to employees under direction.
3. Planning and Organizing:
- Participate in establishing budgets for service department.
- Accomplish budgeted sales and cost goals.
- Establish pricing strategy that meets company objectives.
- Evaluate and set key results for the dispatcher and CSR
- Supervise dispatching in a manner that uses labor resources effectively and efficiently.
4. Customer and Employee Satisfaction:
- See that customer complaints are resolved(performance based, invoice questions and/or customer satisfaction)
- See that employees have job satisfaction and are motivated.
- See that employees in the service department develop a team attitude with each other and with others in the company.
5. Service Growth:
- Establish a profitable growth plan for the service department
- Provide market feedback to the Field Service Director in respect to service opportunities
- Establish and implement effective internal paperwork procedures.
- Implement corporate growth initiatives.
- Assure procedures are followed.
- Assure that tools and vehicles are available and maintained.
- Assist with the control of service vehicle inventory(quarterly inventories and re-order points established).
- Acquire the budgeted sales volume at the proper gross profit.
- Build new customer relationships. Establish customer relationships with top ten service customers
- Set safety standards for the service technicians thru the use of JSA’s and LPO’s.
- Evaluate service technician skills and implement educational and practical goals
- Maintain service truck inventory schedule.