Responsible for the installation, repair and maintenance of electrical wiring and components for fueling systems and other related equipment and/or fixtures and ensures that work is in accordance with relevant codes and requirements.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assemble, install, test and repair electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, fixtures and electronic dispensing systems.
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes.
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers or other components.
- Inspect electrical systems and equipment components to identify hazards, defects or the need for repairs.
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures using testing devices such as ohm-meters, volt-meters and oscilloscopes to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, equipment and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of breakdown and correct the problem.
- Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
- Reads and interprets schematic diagrams, product specifications, and installation and start-up procedures.
- Selects appropriate materials and parts required to complete assigned repairs.
- Monitors and is accountable for accuracy of parts inventory on service vehicle including but not limited to, transfers of parts to appropriate jobs and other service techs as applicable as well as returns to warehouse facilities.
- Operates tools and equipment safely to accomplish the assigned task.
- Completes assigned tasks quickly, completely and consistent with guidelines.
- Maintains a clean work area. Organizes/stores tools and material to minimize damage to materials and risk of injury. Protects the property of the company and customer by all reasonable means.
- Communicate with customers and explain technical issues to non-technical people.
- Present yourself professionally as a representative of Petroleum Solutions and be prompt when making service calls