Reports to : Service Manager/Branch Manager
Basic Function : Responsible for dispatching service technicians, Tracking service calls from taking the initial call to billing. Interfaces with the parts department for expediting service calls. Interfaces with billing and accounting department for timely invoicing. Also has oversight responsibility for warranty. Escalates any ongoing service issues until they are resolved. Consistently demonstrates proficiency in all essential duties.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives all information from customers when taking a service call.
- Interfaces with customers on schedules and provides follow up information.
- Dispatches technician based on the type of call and the geographic area.
- Reviews a list of construction projects that need a start-up with the Service Manager.
- Reviews the schedule for projects with the Service Manager and provides advanced notice to the technicians.
- Maintains a schedule for tank and line testing.
- Documents warranty and assists in the process for submittal.
- Maintains a clean work area. Organizes/ stores material to minimize damage to materials and risk of injury. Protects the property of the company and customer by all reasonable means.
- Coordinates work activities to meet the customer needs and follow up with those customers on an as needed basis.
The dispatcher will work in an office environment, dress is casual and appropriate for a business office. There is no company approved uniform for this position.
- Works with the Service Manager to plan the days service calls.
- Participates in weekly huddles to discuss any common problems with daily paperwork with the Service Manager and Billing Clerk.
- Periodically meets with Service Manager to discuss training, technical information and tools required to complete work.
- Understands and complies with company safety policy.
- Understands and complies with OSHA safety policies.
- Monitors technicians for safety compliance.
- Participates in safety meetings to discuss potential safety issues.
- Considers work to be performed to identify potential safety hazards and either eliminates the hazard or reports the problem to manager for resolution prior to beginning work.
- Reports accidents or injuries to manager immediately.
- Maintains Electronic Dispatch Board. Updating in real time all service calls.
- Maintains a PM schedule and Project schedule to accommodate customer needs.
- Receives the daily time sheet with all service work orders from the service technician.
- Reviews the work order prior to billing, ensuring accuracy, and all completed forms are in place.
- Coordinates with the technician to complete any documentation necessary to complete invoicing and meet any compliance issues.
To perform the tasks required of a dispatcher, an individual will have to demonstrate the following:
- Education and or experience
- High school diploma or equivalent, three years in a related field.
- Ability to speak and be understood on the telephone or two-way radio.
- Ability to type messages to the technician via e-mail or text.
- Ability to type 45 words per minute.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as warranty requirements, client specific billing requirements. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak and be understood by customers, manager, technicians and co-workers.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide, both whole numbers and fractions.
- Basic accounting ability. Will be required to provide spreadsheet, profit and loss statements, and other reports when necessary.
- Reasoning Ability
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems.
- Ability to operate personal computer or laptop computer.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, and type. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk, stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk or hear and taste or smell.The employee must regularly lift and or move less than 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, employees regularly work in an office.
Employee Required Tools:
There are no tools required for this job.